And the Greatest is Love

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Back to blogging


So I haven't blogged since I was in High School, so this should be interesting.

Tanner and I have been engaged since October 23, 2009 and we're getting married July 10, 2010. To say I'm stressed is an understatement. All of our "big" stuff is done, but the little things, mainly contacting the right people, is overwhelming. With our busy schedules, and their busy schedules, finding a mutual time for appointments is ridiculous! Thankfully it will all be over in a few months and I will be married to the man of my dreams and it will all have been worth it! =)

Tanner proposed at one of my favorite places in the world, St. Simon's Island, GA, on top of a lighthouse. I had absolutely NO idea and had just spent the night before telling my cousin, Jenn, how we were never going to get married. Little did I know she was in on the whole thing. When we FINALLY got to the top of the lighthouse and walked around for a few minutes Tanner pulled me over so we were looking out over the ocean. He said some really sweet things and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I, of course, said yes and immediately the craziness began!

My parents have been a huge help in all of this; helping us with a lot of the planning. My mom has also been my voice of reason when I call during a "bridezilla" moment. Thankfully it's never been towards her! =)

We are also house-hunting during our wedding planning. We've been out by ourselves two times and we've gone with a Realtor once. We found one we like and one we love, but we are going out again to look some more tomorrow. Our goal is to find a house in the next 2 weeks so we can put a bid on the house and hopefully close and start moving in by the beginning of June. I know, wishful thinking, but it's our goal.

Sorry if these are random and not grammatically correct. This will probably mainly be used as my outlet of stress to vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment