And the Greatest is Love

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I thought we were having a sub today"

Ever since Tanner and I got engaged, my students have been incredibly curious about the whole situation. Since most of their parents are divorced (if they were even married in the first place), or they are being raised by a grandparent/aunt and uncle, they've been asking tons of questions...mainly about when I'm having my baby. I'm not pregnant. They don't understand that not all people get married because they're pregnant.

Well, one of my kids just found out her mom is pregnant and is very wrapped up in the idea of having a little brother or sister. Yesterday she asked me if my fiance and I are going to have a baby after we get married. When I answered that we eventually want to have kids, another one of my students asked who my sub would be. I, obviously, said I wasn't sure since I didn't even know when I was going to have a baby and who would still be subbing at that point. The conversation pretty much died after that and we got back to our real work.

Today one of my little boys looked at me and said "I thought we were going to have a sub today." I looked at him like he had two heads (a look I get from them most of the time) and asked, "who said I was going to be gone today?" He proceeded to tell me "you. You said you were having a baby!" WHAT? I had NO words and thankfully one of the girls answered him for me by saying "she's not pregnant! She was just saying her and her husband WANT a baby!" oh joy...at least they're entertaining! =)

...I had to take my personal microwave and fridge home yesterday. As per the school district, if we want a raise, we have to get rid of our personal microwaves, refrigerators, and fans...so I took mine home yesterday. And I missed it today! I also noticed how empty my storage closet looked without them in there, so I've decided to reorganize and CLEAN the closet out! My cousin, Jenn, is not going to be too happy when she comes to stay with me for a week in June. She'll be put to work helping me clean/organize the closet AND help put the house together if we're not totally moved in by then (which I doubt we will be!).

Tanner and I are going out with our realtor again tomorrow. We've found 2 houses we LOVE, and a few we like if things fall through. I've started collecting boxes so when the time comes we'll have some ready.

We also only have 3 months until the wedding. Thankfully, MOST of the big things are done. We still have a lot to do (food tasting, cake tasting and picking a design, baskets for out of town guests, booking the honeymoon - I know, I know - marriage license, etc) but I know we'll get it done and be fine.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Since I have 2 classes and I am the Language Teacher, I get to take BOTH of my classes to the library in Thursdays; and to the computer lab. Also, we're having our Easter Egg Hunt tomorrow. SO, basically, I will be out of my room doing fun things most of the day. =) I love being a teacher!

1 comment: