And the Greatest is Love

Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer blues

Today is my last real day of summer before training starts next week! I am excited to still be teaching 2nd grade, but that seems to be pretty much the only thing that is the same about this new school year. I have a new partner teacher (I teach ELA, she teaches Math and Science), a new last name (! yay!), a new classroom (outside no less), and apparently I am now also teaching Social Studies! Our schedule will also be different this year, but we have not been officially told EXACTLY what is changing. Right now it is all just rumor with little bits of fact thrown in from the new boss. Oh yeah, that's another change also! Our principal was transferred to another elem school, so our AP is now our P.

Tuesday was mine and Tanners one month (already!) so we went to Ichiban and ate sushi and snow crab! yum! Hopefully we celebrate every month! ha!

The house is SLOWLY coming along. We put the wedding on hold to buy the house, then we put the house on hold to finish the wedding planning, get married, and go on our honeymoon. Now that we are back and thank you cards are finished, we are starting to buy things for the house. We went to IKEA last weekend and bought a desk for the study. Now we are searching for the perfect supply cabinet for the study, as well as a "craft" desk for all my scrapbooking materials. We are also looking for a linen closet for our bathroom, and a comforter for the "boy" room.

My birthday is coming up and Tanner and I have been discussing getting a dog. I think we have both decided that our original plan of getting a lab is no longer the best choice. We also decided getting a dog as I am starting school (STRESS!!) and he is going out of town for almost 2 weeks is also not good timing. So we are going to really decide what kind of dog we want and wait until later this year (or next summer) to get one. We both still want a bigger dog, 35+ pounds. We both LOVE Golden's, but they are not good watch dogs, which I want a dog that will bark and sound at least somewhat vicious when I am home alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment